"Stand up Paddle (SUP) at China Camp" Top 5 Page for this destination San Rafael Sports & Outdoors Tip by karenincalifornia
San Rafael Sports & Outdoors: 5 reviews and 5 photos
China Camp State Park is an excellent spot for launching a stand up paddleboard into San Pablo Bay, which is in the northern part of San Francisco Bay. The beach is a very easy launch. From there, one can paddle south to San Rafael, or north to Novato. Along the way are scenic cliffs and marshes. Many species of birds hang out here. I"ve even seen harbor seals and jumping sturgeon in the famed Sturgeon Triangle (nearly knocked me off my board).
Theme: Beach Activities
More Sports & Outdoors in San Rafael (2)
More Reviews (50)
- See All Stand Up Paddle (SUP) from Buckeye Point
- See All Even more extreme than San Francisco
- See All Italian Street Painting Festival
- See All You might find that LP you've been...
- See All Yummy Korean food - and lots of it!
karenincalifornia's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels
Latest San Rafael hotel reviews
- Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael-Marin County/Conference Center
- 244 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- North Bay Inn San Rafael
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2013
- Four Points By Sheraton San Rafael
- 239 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013