"Health & Eating..." India Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Donna_in_India
India Warnings and Dangers: 260 reviews and 173 photos
1. Drink bottled water (check to confirm seal has not been broken). Do NOT drink tap water or any water served in a restaurant in a glass unless you saw it being poured from a sealed bottle.
2. Mind what you eat. One of my great joys while travelling in India is eating street foods. If you're not used to the food or have a sensitive stomach, eat only food that is cooked (and hot), fruit that can be peeled, etc.
3. Bring stomach medications from home that you know work, just in case.
4. Contact the health center in your home country for information on vaccinations and medications. This should be done several weeks before your trip as some medications need to be started weeks before your trip.
5. Avoid eating at buffets, even at 5-star hotels.
6. Wash your hands before eating, after using the bathroom, and other times as necessary.
7. Carry wet ones or hand sanitizers.
8. Be careful of "duplicate" liquor.
9. Don't eat in an empty restaurant. Food may not be fresh. Follow the locals to the good (and usually inexpensive) restaurants.
10. Avoid ice.
More Warnings and Dangers in India (8)
More Reviews (12)
Donna_in_India's Related Pages
Have you been to India?Share Your Travels