"Travel Within India" Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Donna_in_India
Goa Warnings and Dangers: 116 reviews and 70 photos
1. If not taking a prepaid taxi or a metered taxi/rickshaw, negotiate the fare before taking off.
2. If spending alot of time with a taxi driver (or any driver), it helps if he speaks and understands basic English.
3. Don't drive on highways at night.
4. When travelling by train, chain and lock your luggage under your berth. Don't keep anything valuable near the window. Carry plenty of water and fruit, and don't eat anything offered by a stranger.
5. Be aware of travel warnings. Some areas are considered unsafe for foreigners.
6. Always carry your passport with you. Put a sticky note inside with the local telephone number of your Consulate.
7. Keep a copy of your passport/visa separate from the original.
8. For women, where available, use women's only areas/compartments on public transportation. NEVER ride in the general men's compartment.
9. For women, if travelling alone on the train, request to be accommodated near other women travelers.
More Warnings and Dangers in Goa (9)
More Reviews (50)
- See All Food is Good, But Go For the View!
- See All Loved This (budget for Goa) Hotel!
- See All "Private" Bike/Scooter/Car Rental
Donna_in_India's Related Pages
Have you been to Goa?Share Your Travels