"Travel Within India" Top 5 Page for this destination Goa Warnings Or Dangers Tip by Donna_in_India

Goa Warnings and Dangers: 116 reviews and 70 photos

by Donna_in_India

1. If not taking a prepaid taxi or a metered taxi/rickshaw, negotiate the fare before taking off.

2. If spending alot of time with a taxi driver (or any driver), it helps if he speaks and understands basic English.

3. Don't drive on highways at night.

4. When travelling by train, chain and lock your luggage under your berth. Don't keep anything valuable near the window. Carry plenty of water and fruit, and don't eat anything offered by a stranger.

5. Be aware of travel warnings. Some areas are considered unsafe for foreigners.

6. Always carry your passport with you. Put a sticky note inside with the local telephone number of your Consulate.

7. Keep a copy of your passport/visa separate from the original.

8. For women, where available, use women's only areas/compartments on public transportation. NEVER ride in the general men's compartment.

9. For women, if travelling alone on the train, request to be accommodated near other women travelers.

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Feb 18, 2011

• isolatedpawn's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2013 at 9:25 PM

nice tips. thanks a lot

• greekcypriot's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Amazing tips for travellers. Thanks for sharing Donna. As you see I am still reading about India even if I cannot make it this year.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
      Sep 12, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I will never get enough and miss it so much since leaving! We're heading back in 3 weeks and I can't wait!

Donna_in_India Used To Live Here!

“I didn't know we were making memories. I just thought we were having fun.”

Have you been to Goa?