"ChocoMuseo" Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Things to Do Tip by mircaskirca

Granada Things to Do: 181 reviews and 524 photos

ChocoMuseo was actually the first thing that I came across on my first day in Granada. Well, not bad for a chocolate lover like me :) ChocoMuseo is a new museum in Granada, dedicated to the history of cacao and chocolate. It?s part of Hotel Spa Granada where you also find ChocoMuseo Shop and Choco Café. The museum offers a great overview of the history of cacao and chocolate. ChocoMuseo has its own factory where chocolate is made by hand, from 100% Nicaraguan organic cacao beans. The organic chocolate produced here, with 50% and 70% of cacao, does not contain additives, artificial ingredients or preservatives. They use natural ingredients such as coconut, almonds and oranges. The chocolate can be purchased in their shop.

When I came to the museum I found a friendly young lady Natalia just making chocolate pralines. I talked to her and she offered me a tour of the museum. Don?t worry, she speaks quite good English. She also told me about the Chocolate Workshops where you can make your own chocolate bar from cacao beans and learn how to make various traditional chocolate drinks. I did not think twice, just signed up.

ChocoMuseo also offers the Cacao Farm Tour, which is a day trip of 6 to 7 hours, and takes visitors to a picturesque cacao farm that is located in the midst of a forest near the Lago de Nicaragua. On the tour visitors can observe the processing of cacao beans, from the plantations to processing, and taste the white pulp around the beans inside the cacao nut.

The museum is open every day from 10am to 6pm and the entrance is free.

Address: Calle Atravesada
Directions: two blocks from Parque Central; near Mi Museo, across from Bancentro
othercontact: ChocoMuseo@gmail.com
Phone: %s4%cb+505 2552 4678%s*%c*
Website: http://chocomuseo.com/

• Updated Feb 21, 2011

Comments

Have you been to Granada?