"Get the Lift (Ascensor) to the old town" Top 5 Page for this destination Torremolinos Things to Do Tip by suvanki

Torremolinos Things to Do: 144 reviews and 458 photos

Plaza de los Tajillos

Plaza de los Tajillos
    by suvanki
      Plaza de los Tajillos lift entrance
      Info board
      Introducing Blue Bear......
    by suvanki

Day 2, and after a leisurely breakfast at Orlando, 7 VTers met up in the Reception of Bajondillo Apartments, and set off in the direction of the old town, where we were looking forward to lunch at a Tapas Bar, that had been recommended by one of the receptionists.

We could have walked all of the way uphill, but this Lift wasn't far from our apartment,(it's on Plaza de los Tajillos), and it would take us straight to Plaza del Panoramo, and the nearby Matahambre Taberna for tapas.

It costs just 50 cents for a one way trip - A man appeared and issued us with a yellow ticket, before we boarded the lift.
I understand this operates from 09.00 - 21.00 hours, but I'm not sure if there are different opening times winter/summer. Also I've read of children not being charged-I'm not sure if this is the rule, or at the 'conductors' discretion.

The metal cage in pic 2 isn't the lift, but a stair case, though again, I'm not sure if this is in use.

The lift is enclosed, and takes a few seconds to reach the destination. There is room for anyone in a wheelchair or with a pram etc.

Pl. de Panorama is off Calle de las Mercedes, (at the Calle San Miguel end of this road)

From the beach, it may be a bit difficult to find Plaza de los Tajillos and the lift entrance, although it is signposted. I think this is the way:-

From Bajondillo Apartments exit through the car park (to the Left side of the Apartments if viewing from the sea) onto C/ del Bajondillo , turn Left, walk forward for a few metres and look for the green garage and signs on the right side. Ascend the few steps to Plaza de los Tajillos and the lift.

(For more Info about Orlando and Matahambre Taberna, Please see my restaurant tips for more information)

Address: Plaza de los Tajillos to Plaza de Panorama
Directions: See above information

• Written Feb 9, 2011

Comments

suvanki

“Enjoy Yourself -It's later than you think!”

Have you been to Torremolinos?