Zebra Restaurant: "One of my Top Five" Top 5 Page for this destination Charlotte Restaurant Tip by etfromnc

Charlotte Restaurants: 184 reviews and 94 photos

My first visit to the Zebra Restaurant was one of the half-dozen or so greatest dining experiences since returning to the Charlotte area. The service was amazing (and if you have read any of my other tips, you will know that I am not prone to hyperbole). The staff was attentive and everything came and went at near the perfect time, yet I never felt crowded nor rushed. They were both efficient and knowledgeable but never officious as some of their nearby neighbors often tend to be. The ambience is also ideal, although it can get a bit crowded on weekends.
In their advertising, they bill themselves as "Charlotte's destination for world-class dining" and that is not far off.

Favorite Dish: A Taste of South Africa, AKA ostrich au poivre and grilled boerewors (grilled South African farmer sausage) with nutmeg scented spaghetti squash, red yam flan, and roasted zucchini. It is also quite remarkable that I like this so much since I generally do not like any squash other than breaded and deep fried zucchini but it was great and it prepared me for some of the experiences which I had in South Africa last summer (their winter). The meal finished with a pistachio chevre grape which was small but sensational.

Address: 4521 Sharon Road
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Across Sharon Road from South Park Mall
Phone: (704)442-9525
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 1, 2015

Comments

etfromnc Used To Live Here!

etfromnc

“Too blessed to be stressed”

Have you been to Charlotte?