Khazana: "Indian food" Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton Restaurant Tip by Karlie85

Edmonton Restaurants: 114 reviews and 99 photos

I don't have much experience with Indian food; before Khazana I'd probably been only three or four times. I've really been craving Indian food lately, so when my dad called me up on Friday and asked if me and my husband wanted to go to Khazana for dinner that night, I thought "Perfect!".

My dad was able to make a reservation for six at 6pm online, which he really liked. The first thing that struck me when I walked in was how big it was. I've walked by the restaurant downtown tons of times and didn't expect it to be so big. The decor is very warm and cozy, wood and gold with a cool fireplace right near our table. Speaking of our table, it was made of this gorgeous wood, the metal water glasses were cool looking and the place setting were nice as well. A very visually appealing place overall for sure. There was also some nice music playing in the background, not too loud to be distracting, but just perfect to complete the atmosphere.

Since there were six of us, we ordered an appetizer and then each picked something of the menu that we would all share. We ordered:
- Two orders of mogo ($5.25 each)
- Four orders of garlic nan bread ($3.75 each)
- Chana pindi (chick peas) ($11.25)
- Tandoori salmon ($19.25)
- Butter chicken ($15.25)
- Peshawari kebab (lamb) ($18.50)
- Coconut shrimp
- Lamb shank ($19.95)
- Basmati rice

My dad also had a mango lassi that was quite refreshing and delicious.

Wow, was that a lot of food! We just about managed to finish everything, but not quite. The flavours were amzing and distinct. The lamb shank was incredible, melt in your mouth, fantastic spices, wow. The butter chicken was great, and I loved the garlic nan. There was nothing on the table I didn't like. Khazana also claims to have Edmonton's biggest Indian buffet, which I think I'll try next time. I will definitely be going to Khazana again!

Address: 10177-107 St
Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: (780) 702-0330
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Indian
Website: http://www.khazana.ab.ca

• Written Jan 24, 2011

Comments

Karlie85 Lives Here!

Have you been to Edmonton?