"The Oracle and the bus journey to it" Delphi Favorite Tip by juliaorosa

Delphi General: 40 reviews and 65 photos

Favorite thing: I've always loved Greek mythology and the Oracle of Delphi was always one of those things I had to see before I die.
Anyway, the bus journey from Athens to Delphi is quite something by itself! it takes about 3h (the last bus is around 6pm and everyone always gets that one) and when you start leaving the capital you see those high mountains in the distance. I fell asleep and when I woke I was in the same level as the clouds! In this very steep roads without any protection on the sideways. I thought I was going to die and the bus fall from a cliff at every turn, nearly had a heart attack! (and I remember clearly the lady in the seat next to me holding her boyfriend's hand as if it was the end of the world).

Delphi itself is quite small and the main sight is a bit further down the main road. IT'S AMAZING! One of my favourite things about Greece, definitely. To sit there and look at those ruins, to imagine that wars and lives were defined by the belief that a woman was possessed by a god was telling the only truth.

• Written Jan 23, 2011

Comments

juliaorosa

“The one who is tired of travelling, is tired of life.”

Ranked Member