Bar & Restaurante de Los Artistas: "Food, Live Music & Paintings Exhibition" Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Restaurant Tip by mircaskirca

Granada Restaurants: 64 reviews and 69 photos

Bar & Restaurante de los Artistas
      Bar & Restaurante de los Artistas
      vegetable Thai curry
  • caipirinha - Granada
    by mircaskirca

Pedestrian Calle La Calzada is filled with bars and restaurants for all tastes and budgets. But generally, the area is more expensive than other parts of the city. Bar & Restaurante de Los Artistas immediately caught my attention. It was because of its name and also because of the saxophone picture at the entrance. They have a varied menu, from fusion cuisine, salads, tapas, Italian pasta, vegetarian dishes, seafood and meat dishes, and I thought there might be some cool music in the evening. Enough reasons to choose it for another dinner with Petra.

The restaurant has an outdoor sitting with a few tables overlooking the always lively La Calzada, a nice spot for people watching. The inside is rather spacious. There is a bar and a lounge area with paintings exhibition and occasional live music.

I can only say good things about the service. Our waiter Oscar gave us a good explanation about the dishes. He was friendly and professional. From time to time he stopped at our table and we had a nice chat. Later on, when I was staying in Hospedaje Café Ruíz, I often passed by and he always took his time to talk about the latest news.

Favorite Dish: While waiting for the food we were sipping a refreshing caipirinha (a Brazilian cocktail made with cachaça, lime and sugar). It did not take long until the food arrived. And, well, it looked very tempting. My choice was vegetable Thai curry. It was served in a clay bowl and came on a big plate, together with rice and mixed salad. Petra chose creamy ricotta and spinach tortellini.

Though not the cheapest option, we were both quite satisfied with the food. All in all, it was a very enjoyable evening.

Address: Calle La Calzada
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: %s4%cb+505 8811 2442%s*%c*
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Updated Jan 28, 2011

Have you been to Granada?