Cinc Sentits: "One of the best food experiences I ever had!" Top 5 Page for this destination Cinq Sentits Tip by Belsaita

Cinq Sentits, Barcelona: 1 reviews and 2 photos

... and I have been to quite a few great restaurants in different countries.

This is not a place for everybody and even less for everyday. But well worth (IMHO) to give it a try... or more.

If you like getting stuffed and you're not adventurous, this is not your place. However, if you like creative cuisine based on local culinary traditions, sampling and being surprised, this place is ideal of a special meal. In my opinion it well deserves the Michelin star and I will not be surprised if they earn another one in the future.

Favorite Dish: The place only does tasting menus, we had the "Sensacions" with 8 small courses, 69€. We did not get the pairing wines as we don't drink much, so we preferred just a bottle between the two (that we surprisingly finished ;-). with wine, bread, tea, etc the final total coast was nearly 200€ (2 people). I was invited by my friend so I do not have the exact figure.

There is another menu of 5 courses, we were told both menus have the same total amount of food, so we got for the more varied.

The 8 courses are tiny but after so many (and the appetizers), both of us felt more than OK. They were very accommodating and changed one of the dishes as we dislike one of its main ingredients. I loved the bread, it was served warm and with 2 wonderful olive oil varieties to dip in.

We finished with herbal teas (not willing to get insomnia having a coffee!) and the brought us a lovely tray with 16 tea and herbal blends, the waiter explained each and let us smell them and decide...

The service was great, very nice and not stiff, but very knowledgeable. The decoration is elegant and minimal, as the pottery. As usually happens in Barcelona, no special dress code is required. A place truly devoted to food enjoyment and not to the appearances.

I have to say again I loved the place? ;-))

Address: Aribau, 58. 08011 Barcelona
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Carrer d'Aribau near Carrer d'Aragó. Eixample Esquerra.
Phone: 933 239 490
Price: US$41 and up
Rating: 5
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.cincsentits.com

• Updated Jan 19, 2011

Comments

Belsaita Lives Here!

Belsaita

“la Dodo le la!! ”

Have you been to Barcelona?