"Granada,bus to Volcan Masaya" Granada Transportation Tip by rosequartzlover1

Granada Transportation: 40 reviews and 40 photos

on the mini bus to Masaya
by rosequartzlover1

To go to Volcan Masaya we can go by 2 options 1.by tour company which is Tierra tour and Nahual on Call La Calzada.That's the easy way that many tourists do.2.Go by yourself,take the chicken bus from bus station (the one before arriving mercado )or take mini bus from one corner of park central(you'll see them clearly ,they park along the road side) I took a mini bus from park central ,they are the bus that heading to Managua.The bus was nearly full at the moment,when we got on the bus ,it's just completely full,and look like they will leave when full ,no exact schedule to tell you,I can say that I never wait so long at all for any bus ride on this trip ,everywhere.The bus fee to Masaya is 20 c.d per person, not that expensive than the chicken bus.It's up to each preference that you like to have more room on chicken bus but can be slow if they stop along the way too much.Or sit little tight,shoulder to shoulder on minibus with somebody standing and leaning their butt on your shouder : ) no no....it's not always like that.How fast they drive ?..It's about the same ,this time I noticed that sometime chicken bus drive like crazy,very fast.For myslef I don't mind to take both kind of bus,it depends, which one come first.

Type: Bus

• Written Jan 7, 2011

“travel everywhere”

Have you been to Granada?