Bill Miller Bar-B-Q: "Not So Famous BBQ" San Antonio Restaurant Tip by msbrandysue

San Antonio Restaurants: 229 reviews and 254 photos

While travelling around San Antonio I was using an Eyewitness travel book called Top 10 San Antonio and Austin. In it there was mention of this bbq place, Bill Miller's. Because it's a BBQ place I was quite thrown off when I came in and there were lots of fried chicken. Fried chicken isn't really bbq where I come from, and not in many of my favorite restaurants. In fact, it was hard for me to find brisket on the menu. Plus, there were lots of signs showing how popular their chicken was... I didn't know what to order! So, a bit different for choices, which is not always a bad thing, just a surprise.

When you walk into the restaurant you go into a line where you choose your desires. There are meats and sides. I couldn't find any option for baked potatoes though, which are my favorite. After getting your tray and loading it with the sides and ordering you pay your money. Then you are free to choose wherever you would like in the restaurant. The chairs and stools are quite basic, and nothing fancy. Just a casual place to grab a bite.

*Some of the locations provide a breakfast menu. Others have a drive-thru option.

Favorite Dish: I had a chopped beef sandwich (brisket) and it was fine. I can understand why men buy a few at a time since it is smaller than some other places I've been to. It was enough for a fine lunch for me, though, since I was planning on having a big dinner on the River Walk later that night.

Lots of people were getting fried chicken though, but I can't vouche for the quality :)

Address: 3511 Roosevelt Ave
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: In close proximity of the Spanish Missions National Historic Park.
Phone: 210-924-1666
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Barbecue
Website: http://www.billmillerbbq.com/

• Updated Jan 3, 2011

Comments

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to San Antonio?