Le Bouchon Breton: "Quelle Merde" Top 5 Page for this destination United Kingdom Restaurant Tip by DAO

United Kingdom Restaurants: 336 reviews and 711 photos

WHERE'S MY PEPPERCORN SAUCE? BASTARDS

WHERE'S MY PEPPERCORN SAUCE? BASTARDS
      WHERE'S MY BREAD? BASTARDS
  • Quelle Merde - United Kingdom

This restaurant reminded me why I never go to French Restaurants. Pretentious menus that don?t deliver, sky-high prices and strange service. I haven?t eaten in a French Restaurant in 10 years. I took a chance on a 50% off food offer and still felt like I had wasted my money.

This restaurant is a massive, non-charismatic venue set above Spitalfields Market. They were already out of the starter I wanted, La soupe du pêcheur, and several others. I ordered my food from one waiter and another arrived later with my bread. I had a duck and pate salad starter that was ok. It is described on theoir menu as: Salade Perigourdine ? Foie gras, Gesier and Smoked Magret Salad, Nuts and Xeres Dressing.

The waiter then duly arrived and removed the bread off the table which I had paid for! I was speechless.

My main course was a ribeye steak. My steak was ok. No seasoning. That would have been fine if they had remembered my peppercorn sauce. They didn?t. My side salad was absolutely vile. The worst tomatoes I have every had in a restaurant. The beer? They did get that right. Not thrilled.

DAO?s recommendation? Eat somewhere else.

Favorite Dish:

My cold pint of beer. The ONLY thing they didn?t completely get wrong.

Address: 8 Horner Square, Old Spitalfield Market, London, E

Rating: 1
Theme: French
Website: http://www.lebouchon.co.uk/breton/index.php

• Updated Jan 1, 2011

Comments

DAO Visits Here Frequently!

DAO

“???????ds ??o? u??q ???? p?no?s ? ???? ??s ? ?ou ??poq??os ?q o? p??u?? s????? ? '???? ?? ???”

Have you been to United Kingdom?