"Cole Valley Street Faire" Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Off The Beaten Path Tip by atufft
San Francisco Off The Beaten Path: 659 reviews and 1,183 photos
One of the hidden neighborhood gems of San Francisco is Cole Valley, which can be easily taken in during a trip to Golden Gate Park, via the N Judah Train Line. Get off the train at Cole/Carl and walk south. The Cole Valley community is small, family oriented, and less pretentious than some other neighborhoods. Besides the restaurants and sports bars, the two block stretch along Cole Street has beauty salons and a really great small local hardware store. One can't miss browsing this hardware store for all the unusual items it stocks, particularly in the culinary department. At the southern end of Cole Valley is Tank Hill, which has great views of the city. The September street faire is the communities most important annual event, which is described in the link below, but a quick visit anytime is worthwhile.
More Off The Beaten Path in San Francisco (61)
More Reviews (166)
- See All Hip Mission District Along Valencia...
- See All Crab Season
- See All Dashiell Hammett Place
- See All Central T Subway to Chinatown and North...
- See All Best Russian Bakery in America--Probably
- See All 2013 America's Cup
- See All Gay Pride Parade
- See All Classic San Francisco atop Nob Hill
- See All Don't Forget Your iPhone & iPad
- Completely Unauthentic EXCEPT for the...
- See All Great Performances!
- See All Civic Centric San Francisco
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels