Rockit Bar & Grill: "River North-Burgers & sandwiches" Top 5 Page for this destination Japonais Tip by Dabs

Japonais, Chicago: 26 reviews and 37 photos

2nd visit March 2011 on St. Patrick's Day weekend

Quite a difference between my two visits, the 1st was on a Thursday afternoon just before Christmas and the place wasn't crowded at all, it was actually on the quiet side. For our 2nd visit I thought it might be a bit too young and trendy for me in the evenings but we needed a last minute reservation and this place was close to where we needed to be. When we arrived there was a line down the street of St. Patrick's Day revelers but we walked to the front and said we had a reservation and were seated immediately. The crowd is extremely young and very loud in the evenings, add to that the music in the background and it's rather noisy but not so bad that you have to scream at your dining companion.

The waitress we had on this visit was so much better than on our 1st visit in terms of personality but service was quick and efficient on both visits.

Favorite Dish: The menus are made out of old record albums, for you youngsters that don't remember vinyl this may not mean anything to you but I think it's a fun touch. Both visits I ordered a pulled pork sandwich served with a side of coleslaw ($12) and fries, for an additional charge you can upgrade to sweet potato, truffle or cheese fries. The portion size is large, I saw a lot of people sending back 1/2 of their sandwiches presumably to get to go bags. I thought the food was very good although not something I would wait in line for on a busy evening. David has the buffalo chicken mac and cheese which had an awesome flavor and a goodly portion.

Address: 22 W. Hubbard
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Hubbard between State and Dearbon, 2nd location at 3700 N. Clark in Wrigleyville
Phone: 312.645.6000
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: American
Website: http://www.rockitbarandgrill.com/

• Updated Mar 13, 2011

Comments

Dabs Lives Here!

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Chicago?