VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Camel trek in the Sahara !" Morocco Things to Do Tip by Ciglee

Morocco Things to Do: 725 reviews and 1,654 photos

eating dinner with our guide Jamal

eating dinner with our guide Jamal
    by Ciglee
      the guides and camel guides singing after dinner
      One half of our tent
    by Ciglee

I just came back from Marrakesh, and did a camel trek in the Sahara! it was wonderful! About a 5 hour drive from Marrakesh down to Zagora , which is the " door to the Sahara " ....we then " boarded " our camels at sunset...and rode 2 hours into the Sahara!!! it was surreal...I kinda
felt we were in a movie...it was so peaceful..
Came to the tent site, where they had dinner waiting for my friend and I, ( I even have food issues and they accommodated me !! ) ..then we sat around the campfire..
the Berbers sang songs...as we sat and watched shooting stars!!! ( I know! this sounds too good to be true...)
Next morning...woke up in our tent..had breakfast..went back to our camels...and rode home to Zagoura...then a leisurely drive back to Marrakesh... stopping where ever we wanted to. Our guides were Jamal and Mohammad....they were wonderful! They work for Imlil Trek....( imliltrek.com and they are on Facebook ) . I can highly recommend them. We were two single women going on tour in a Muslim country....but, Jamal and Mohammad were great. I cannot say enough about them..they became our friends!!
Definitely a must do...

Address: Sahara Desert
Directions: Marrakesh , Morocco
othercontact: facebook- imlil trek
Website: http://imliltrek.com

• Written Dec 15, 2010

Comments

Ciglee

“smile”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Morocco?