"Snow Leopard Guesthouse, Hunder, Nubra Valley" India Hotel Tip by MalenaN

India Hotels: 376 reviews and 459 photos

My room at Snow Leopard Guesthouse

Snow Leopard Guesthouse
We were two people sharing a jeep on a two-day tour to Nubra Valley. Arriving to the village Hunder in the afternoon we had no idea of where to stay, but asked our driver to recommend a place. He took us to Snow Leopard Guesthouse, which turned out to be a lovely place. The rooms at Snow Leopard Guest House are situated in a three different houses surrounded by a lovely garden with flowers and fruit trees. And in the background are the mountains.

When we arrived there were only two rooms left, one for Rs 500 and one for Rs 700 (July 2010). I got the room for Rs 700 and it was in the same building as the restaurant. The room had a big double bed with a thick cover and reading lights above the bed, cupboards, a big window and a bathroom with hot water.

Dinner is served at eight in the evening and the buffet was Rs 150. We put two tables together and ate with some other people staying at the guesthouse. I cant remember when breakfast was served in the morning but I woke up early and sat in the garden reading while waiting. Even if breakfast was not ready I got coffee to drink and with the beautiful surroundings and early hour it tasted extra good.

Address: In the village Hunder