"The Blue Parrot" Colorado Restaurant Tip by traveldave

Colorado Restaurants: 70 reviews and 50 photos

The Colacci family opened the Blue Parrot in 1919 and is still operating the restaurant four generations later. It specializes in a full menu of Italian dishes that are made from scratch "grandma style." The restaurant is noted for its homemade thick-noodle spaghetti, ravioli, tangy spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and Italian sausage. The ambiance of the Blue Parrot is decidedly informal, with formica-topped tables and old wallpaper and paneling, making it reminiscent of small-town diners of a generation or two ago.

The Blue Parrot is, in my opinion, one of the best restaurants in Colorado. What it lacks in ambience it more than makes up for in its food. I can remember eating at the Blue Parrot when I was a small child living in Boulder in the mid-1960s. Even after I had left Colorado, I always remembered how good the spaghetti was. When we moved back to Colorado in 1977, we frequently went back to the Blue Parrot, and the quality of the food had not changed.

Favorite Dish: The Blue Parrot's homemade spaghetti, spaghetti sauce, meatballs, and Italian sausage are the best I have ever tasted anywhere, even in Italy.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: The Blue Parrot is located at 640 Main Street in Louisville.
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated Jun 30, 2012

More Restaurants in Colorado (1)

traveldave Used To Live Here!

“"....For I must be traveling on now, 'cause there's too many places I've got to see...." (Lynyrd Skynyrd).”

Have you been to Colorado?