"Across the Street from the Airport" NH Vienna-Airport Tip by BillNJ

NH Vienna-Airport, Vienna: 555 reviews and 15 photos

For my last night in Vienna (after my short trips to Budapest and Bratislava), I booked a room in the NH Vienna Airport Hotel -- primarily because my departing flight the next morning was scheduled for 6:25 a.m. I booked the hotel through hotels.com --- and received a discounted rate of USD $101.42 (including taxes and fees).

For my purposes, the location of the hotel certainly did not disappoint. The hotel is directly across the street from the airport -- so it is only a 2-minute walk from the hotel entrance to the airport entrance. Furthermore, the hotel is across the street from the stop for the airport buses and the airport bahnhof station (train station) from which you can easily travel to Vienna's city center.

As an added bonus, my bus from Bratislava to Vienna (which only cost 6 Euros) stopped at the airport directly across the street from the hotel.

While location is the biggest draw of this hotel, the facilities are also quite nice. My room was tastefully decorated with an emphasis on functionality -- and the bed was extremely comfortable. Also, the attendants for check-in and check-out were both efficient and friendly.

Since I did not eat at the hotel, I cannot comment on the breakfast or the restaurant. However, before retiring for bed, I had a beer at the hotel bar -- which is nice (albeit a little expensive).

My one complaint would be that there was a per-minute charge to connect to the internet with the hotel's computer. If you have your own computer, there is free Wi-Fi available.

In a nutshell, I was very satisfied with the convenient location for the purpose of my 1-night stay-- and would definitely consider staying here again if I have a very early flight departing from Vienna Airport.

Unique Qualities: Extremely convenient location across the street from Vienna Airport, the airport bus station (including the airport bus from Bratislava), and the airport bahnhof (train station).

Address: Hotelstrasse 1-3, Flughafen Wien, Vienna, Vienna, A-1300, Austria
Comparison: about average
Directions: Across the street from Vienna Airport.
Phone: +43.1.701510
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotels/austria/vienna/nh-vienna-airport.html

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Nov 26, 2010

Comments

BillNJ

“Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. ”

Have you been to Vienna?