one size literally fits everyone: "one big mattress on the floor on night 3" Ciudad Perdida Hotel Tip by richiecdisc

Ciudad Perdida Hotels: 4 reviews and 3 photos

ok, it was atmopheric
by richiecdisc

The hut at the ruins was perhaps our least favorite night. First off, it was crowded especially in the dining area where it was hard to find a seat and we were basically herded into on big sleeping area under one big mosquito net, on what seemed one big communal mattress. To make matters worse, I came down with a fever as soon as I got there and basically crawled into my ?sleeping area? only to awaken for dinner and then right back to sleep. My wife said it was probably the best thing to do there as it was quite cold and damp.

Unique Qualities: It is the highest elevation camp and it was socked in with fog while we were there so certainly the coldest night of the trek. Actually, I grabbed a shower for whatever reason before going to sleep in the afternoon and it was a bit odd. One very tall Dutch guy looked over at me and said hi, half scaring me to death before it became hysterically funny. Ok, I was not feeling all that well before the shower anyway. The shower did nothing but give me a bad case of the chills and I headed right for my mattress in the sky after I was done. The most memorable thing about this camp was the cook made up popcorn for some odd reason. It evidently went over really well but I could only manage a few handfuls before dozing back off but it was nice of them to bring it up to the sleeping area for those not down in the dining area socializing.

Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Approximately 6 hours on foot from camp 2.
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Campground

• Written Nov 23, 2010

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Ciudad Perdida?