"Exploring Schwarzwald/Black Forest." Germany Things to Do Tip by ATLC
Germany Things to Do: 1,227 reviews and 1,979 photos
I would suggest you visit the website http://www.blackforest-tourism.com which is the English version of the official German tourist office for the area.
What I always do is order brochures (I find downloading too much of a hassle).
Brochures are sent to you for free.
You can either use the form (if you have some basic knowledge of German, it shouldn't be too difficult) at
http://www.schwarzwald-tourismus.info/service/prospektbestellung and tick off the brochures you want.
Or you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you order the brochure through the form, then I would order:
* Panoramic Map Black Forest - Panoramic Map including daytrips
* Experience the Natural Parks
* KONUS- Bus and rail for free
Use busses and trains free of charge to experience the Black Forest.
* Hiking in the Black Forest
Information on hiking in the Black Forest: tours, long distance trails, hiking without baggage, Nordic Walking, etc.
* Hiking Tips, Selected Tracks with detailed description and packages.
I find reading the brochures before your holiday, it adds to the excitement and it saves you an initial search for the local tourist office once you get there.
Same goes for Freiburg:
More Reviews (16)
- See All Train planner in English
- See All Speed limits and fines.
- Tourist information easy to find
- How to peel your boiled egg, a...
ATLC's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels