Saltgrass Steakhouse on the River Walk: "Steak on the River" San Antonio Restaurant Tip by msbrandysue

San Antonio Restaurants: 229 reviews and 254 photos

Inside of the Restaurant where we were seated

Inside of the Restaurant where we were seated
      Pic of the Restaurant from the River Walk
    by msbrandysue

I went to the Saltgrass Steakhouse on the Riverwalk with my friend and her co-workers after their conference. They had a bar while we waited for the whole party to come...even though we made reservations apparently. The bar was way too small for as many people come through there on a Thursday-Saturday night.

We got seated indoors on the street level, so no real view or feeling of the river. I ordered a few margaritas on the rocks and they were very good. The waitor was good for a big group. There was one girl in our party that eats Gluten free so the manager was out helping her choose a meal to have. He seemed to be really nice and concerned to meet her needs.

Overall, I thought it was a good meal and in close proximity to the River Walk and everything that goes on there on weekend nights.

***Gets extremely crowded on the weekends so be prepared for long waiting lists and/or try to make a reservation if you can.

Sun - Thurs: 11am - 10pm
Fri - Sat: 11am - 11pm

Favorite Dish: I have loved everything I've ever gotten at Saltgrass Steakhouse. The filet is wonderful and always cooked to my liking. The salmon is SO GOOD! The veggies, salads, and potato dishes are also just as good. Definitely a wonderful place if you like medium priced steakhouses. The 6oz filet is about $20, along with the salmon but when you're on the River Walk I would be prepared for prices along those lines either way.

Address: 502 River Walk
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: At the River and W Market Street
Phone: (210) 222-9092
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Steakhouse
Website: http://www.saltgrass.com/

• Written Nov 19, 2010

Comments

msbrandysue

“God made Texas on his day off...for pure entertainment. Mary Lasswell”

Have you been to San Antonio?