Ned Devine's: "Decent Pub Grub" Top 5 Page for this destination Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market Tip by cjg1

Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market, Boston: 22 reviews and 28 photos

Liz enjoying her Blue Lagoon (11/13/10)
by cjg1

Liz enjoying her Blue Lagoon (11/13/10)
      Lobster Sliders
      Sheperd's Pie
  • Decent Pub Grub - Boston
  • Decent Pub Grub - Boston

My wife and I were shopping in the Farmer's Market and the Faneuil Market when we decide to grab a bite to eat. I didn't feel like eating at one of the food hall stands so we decided to try this place out. I liked that the restaurant was upstairs and not on the main level where the crowds tend to mull.

We were seated at a nice table for two overlooking the bar downstairs and handed menus. After perusing the menu I decided to have a Miller lite and the Sheperd's Pie. Liz chose to try the Blue Lagoon for her drink and the Lobster Sliders. Service here is definitely spot on; our waitress was very attentive. Our drinks and food arrived in record speed.

My Sheperd's Pie arrived boiling hot; too hot to attempt to eat for abouit ten minutes. Liz on the other hand was able to dig into her Lobster Sliders right away as I ate some of her fries. I had a bite of her sliders and they were very good. When my food finally cooled down; it was very good. I even took some of Liz's fries to dip in the tasty gravy.

All in all; not a bad place considering it is smack in the middle of Faneuil Hall and tourist central.

Address: Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Boston, MA 02109
Comparison: about average
Directions: Blue line to Aquarium/Faneuil Hall, Green Line to Government Center, or Orange line to State Street
Phone: 617-523-1300
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: American
Website: http://www.faneuilhallmarketplace.com/

• Updated Nov 15, 2010

Comments

cjg1 Visits Here Frequently!

cjg1

“There is no such thing as once in a lifetime unless you didn't like it.”

Have you been to Boston?