"Will this work on oxford street ?" Top 5 Page for this destination Traffic, Driving and Crossing the road Tip by sourbugger
Traffic, Driving and Crossing the road, London: 81 reviews and 74 photos
There has been quite a bit of talk this year (2010) about introducing a scheme that has been kicked around for a few years. The idea is to introduce a 'slow lane' for those ambling along Oxford street window shopping (ie tourists) and a 'fast lane' for those who actually want to get anywhere.
With over 100,000 people passing the busiest point every day, minor accidents are very common - perhaps mainly due to those in a hurry trying to avoid the laggards by using the rad rather than the pavement and ending up having an arguement with a No 38 bus.
The company that runs the street for the traders thinks it will work, but most seem to think it is doomed to failure.
If the scheme gets the go-head then don't get in the wrong lane - or some jobsworth in a silly uniform is bound to have an good old british moan at you.
Perhaps I could train them in how to be miserable gits - good I would love that job contract !
More Warnings and Dangers in London (22)
More Reviews (265)
- See All Museum of childhood
- See All Get 7 million pounds for free !
- See All WHAT A BARGAIN !!!
- See All Hampton court 1 : that famous maze.
- See All Who need's illegal drugs ?
- See All A mark of a civilised society
- See All Can we have our Skylon back please ?
- See All Just do as it says on the door.
- See All Fireman Sam Strikes again
- See All Sourbugger's guide to London's...
- See All Another tirade against the wax works...
- Why am I writing this ? I must be sad or...
sourbugger's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels