"SF Giants Culture: The Thong" Top 5 Page for this destination SBC Park / SF Giants Tip by atufft
SBC Park / SF Giants, San Francisco: 36 reviews and 59 photos
First Baseman Aubrey Huff was possibly the Giants biggest offensive player during the 2010 season, having a batting average of .290, 26 home runs, 86 RBIs (Runs Batted In), 100 runs, and 7 stolen bases. But, in August he found himself in a batting slump. Now baseball players are superstitious, leading them to do anything that will bring them luck. Jason Giambi, the 2000 American League MVP during his time with the Oakland A's, revealed in 2008 that he wore a gold thong as good luck. The concept also was featured in the comedy movie Zoolander, where the antagonist male model, played by Owen Wilson, stuns the audience by pulling off the impossible--reaching into his pants and pulling off his thong as a trophy to show off. Perhaps Huff picked this up, as he revealed that his wife's red thong was producing results. Using a thong as good luck fit well with San Francisco's whacky fans, and shortly before the World Series a whole box of women's red thongs were delivered to the Giant's locker room. During his Civic Center celebration, Huff raised and stretched the thong over his head in victory. The thong certainly beats the Terrible Towel as the fan garment. Check out the link with various images of Huff displaying, biting, and otherwise showing off his wife's thong!
Address: 801 Third Street
Directions: Between Kind, 2nd, 3rd, and China Basin.
Phone: (415) 468-3700
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (218)
- See All President Garfield Statue
- See All Dashiell Hammett Place
- See All Central T Subway to Chinatown and North...
- See All Best Russian Bakery in America--Probably
- See All SF Conservatory of Flowers
- See All Gay Pride Parade
- See All Classic San Francisco atop Nob Hill
- See All Museum Gift Shops
- See All Don't Forget Your iPhone & iPad
- Completely Unauthentic EXCEPT for the...
- See All Great Performances!
- See All Civic Centric San Francisco
atufft's Related Pages
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels