Hotel Villa Völgy: "Superb base for exploring the region" Eger Hotel Tip by MikeBird

Eger Hotels: 16 reviews and 24 photos

Pools in the hotel grounds
by MikeBird

For the 3 nights of my birdwatching trip based in Eger I was accommodated at this 3*/ 4* hotel which is a little out of town but conveniently located near to the wine cellars which have made the town something of a tourist attraction.

Set in very pleasant grounds, the hotel is small and friendly with most accommodation in two blocks, one of which is listed as 3*, the other as 4*. I never found out what the extra * meant in terms of facilities but I certainly didn't feel in need of anything else. My 3* room was large and very clean. TV was available. There was only a shower in the bathroom but that wasn't a problem.

There are extensive swimming pools as part of the outdoor wellness therapy centre. I only tried the indoor pool - which I must say was quite small but adequate for a short swim. There was also a sauna and steam room. Massage was available for extra cost.

Breakfast was an extensive buffet and evening meals in the restaurant were fine. There was an option to indulge in the hot buffet which was OK but possibly not worth the additional cost.

All in all I think the hotel represented excellent value for money and contributed well to my short stay in the town. I would certainly like to return.

Unique Qualities: Look for Syrian woodpeckers in the gardens further up the lane from the hotel.

Address: Tulipánkert u. 5 3300 Eger Hungary
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: US$20-40
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelvillavolgy.hu/en/fooldal.php

• Written Oct 31, 2010

Comments

MikeBird

“always choosing the forward facing seat”

Have you been to Eger?