"Rivers of Europe-River Aare" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by Maryimelda
Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos
The river Aare or Aar is 295kms long and is the only river which begins and ends entirely in Switzerland. It rises in the Bernese Alps in the Aar Glaciers and travels a very interesting and winding route through Lakes Brienze and Thun and eventually spills into the Rhine at Koblenz, Switzerland (not to be confused with Koblenz in Germany).
The colour of this river, especially where I saw it in Interlaken, is so blue as to be startling. I believe that the colour is brought about by melted ice and snow. Whatever it is, it is beautiful.
More Things to Do in Europe (75)
More Reviews (61)
- See All Bretzenheim Eremitage, Rhineland...
- See All Best way to see the Rhine
- See All Be proud to be a tourist in Europe
- See All Renowned Shopping Streets: Ruedesheim
- See All These take the cake.
- See All Not everything in Europe is BIG
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels