"Rivers of Europe-River Ill" Top 5 Page for this destination Europe Things to Do Tip by Maryimelda
Europe Things to Do: 1,313 reviews and 2,177 photos
The River Ill can be found in the Alsace region of north-eastern France. It runs through Mulhouse, Colmar, Selestat and most notably Strasbourg. It begins in the Vosges mountains.It is also a tributary of the mighty Rhine which it meets in Strasbourg.
At one time in the Petite-France area of Strasbourg the river was used to harness power for the tanneries and other commercial enterprises in operation at that time. If you go for a river cruise in Strasbourg on the Batorama, you will proceed through a couple of locks which are still operational there. It is quite an interesting experience if you haven't seen it before.
More Things to Do in Europe (75)
More Reviews (61)
- See All Bretzenheim Eremitage, Rhineland...
- See All Best way to see the Rhine
- See All Be proud to be a tourist in Europe
- See All Renowned Shopping Streets: Ruedesheim
- See All These take the cake.
- See All Not everything in Europe is BIG
Maryimelda's Related Pages
Have you been to Europe?Share Your Travels