"I wish I could give the Grand Hotel a grand review" Grand Hotel Stockholm Tip by CantStayHome2

Grand Hotel Stockholm, Stockholm: 1,723 reviews and 11 photos

The Grand Hotel is beautiful and centrally located. I'd have loved to give it a good review. However, my experience there prohibits me from doing so. I had purchased a number of souvenirs in Finland and Sweden and asked the concierge where I could post them. He told me that they would do that for me and bill me for postage. This occurred on August 9, 2010. As I write this review, it is October 30, 2010, and they still have not sent my items. They have also refused to respond to me emails and phone calls, as well as to my complaints to IHG's customer service. Perhaps one needs to be a Nobel Prize winner to get good service at the (not-so) Grand Hotel. I would have expected much better service from a five-star establishment. I have nothing to show for a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

Unique Qualities: Poor service.

Address: Sodra Blasieholmshammen 8, Stockholm, Stockholm, 103 27, Sweden
Price Comparison: most expensive
Directions: In close proximity to the Royal Palace, Gamlastan, the subway, and other attractions. Apparently, it is not near a post office.
Phone: 46-8-6793500
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.grandhotel.se/in_english/default.asp

• Written Oct 29, 2010

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Stockholm?