Sykes Farm Cafe: "Homemade Ice Cream After A Hike Around The Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Keswick Restaurant Tip by WheninRome

Keswick Restaurants: 22 reviews and 24 photos

Sykes Farm Cafe
      Sykes Farm Cafe
      They Serve Real Ayrshire Ice Cream
  • Homemade Ice Cream After A Hike Around The Lake - Keswick

Sykes Farm Cafe is a simple little cafe in the simple Village of Buttermere. They are the only place to get ice cream in the Village - to my knowledge. Their ice cream is homemade and the fresh cream is produced right there on the farm from cows that graze in the Buttermere Valley. It doesn't get any fresher than that. They have an assortment of traditional and unusual flavors. Some of the unusual flavors when we were there included blackcurrant, cappaccino, kiwi, fig ripple and rosehip. You get the picture.

I got my ice cream, black raspberry I think, served in a cup over a scone. I am not sure if the bakery products were made at the farm also? I don't think so. Good nevertheless.

I should also note that I thought the prices to be very reasonable.

Favorite Dish: Ice Cream!

Address: Buttermere Village
Price Comparison: least expensive
Directions: It is in the Village. Walk up the road toward St. James Church of Buttermere and you will see it.

Note - the website below is their facebook page.

Phone: 017687 70277
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Ice Cream

• Written Oct 29, 2010

“Cruises - If I wanted to be on a boat with a couple thousand other people I would have joined the navy.”

Have you been to Keswick?