Aboy's: "Inexpensive Great-tasting Food!" Bacolod City Restaurant Tip by cyndymc

Bacolod City Restaurants: 72 reviews and 104 photos

Scallops @ Aboy's

Scallops @ Aboy's
      "Kinilaw na Dorado" @ Aboy's
      Grilled Blue Marlin @ Aboy's
      Decor @ Aboy's
      My Cousin & Hubby Examining Cooked Dishes
    by cyndymc

Aboy's is one of the Top 5 Restaurants in Bacolod. It is another restaurant you shouldn't miss when in Bacolod. From its humble beginnings as a small eatery near Burgos Public Market in February 1992, Aboy's had expanded the restaurant to accommodate their growing clientele. They moved to a much bigger, better location near the Goldenfield Commercial Complex. People were willing to line up to have their tables for lunch. More staff were then hired to serve more people, but Aboy himself was serving the guests. He was and still is a hands-on owner-manager. It is a delight to see him in action. The first time we went there with my cousin, her hubby and son, Aboy was not there. But the second time hubby and I dined there, I witnessed how he handled the guests. He did the welcoming of guests, ushered them to their tables, and even cleared some tables.

There are cooked meals that you can choose from, but there is also a counter for fresh seafood that you can order to be grilled for you. Dining at Aboy's is a pleasurable experience. Not only is their food great, their native-inspired interior design is impressive, made more interesting with the collection of masks on the walls.

Free tarragon tea was given to us after meal, but my cousin whispered something to the waiter, and he later served us the famous "Kape ni Aboy". I learned later that you have to say the "magic words" to the waiter to be served "Kape ni Aboy". I am not an avid coffee drinker, but after tasting "Kape ni Aboy", I craved for brewed coffee...however, the other brewed coffee tasted bland compared to "Kape ni Aboy".

Aboy's used to close after lunch time; they later opened for dinner, but they remain closed on Sundays. Operating Hours: 9AM to 11PM, Monday to Saturday

Favorite Dish: When we dined with my cousin, her hubby and son, we had so much food: Calderetang Kambing, Paksiw na Lechon, Pangat, Grilled Squid, Bacolod Longanisa, and my favorites: Grilled blue marlin, grilled/baked scallops, "kinilaw na dorado". On our 2nd visit, we just had to satisfy our craving for more scallops, blue marlin and kinilaw. We also tried the rare Angel's Wings (sometimes referred to as angel clams) but I didn't like the sandy texture and taste very much.

Address: Goldenfield, Singcang, Bacolod City
Comparison: more expensive than average
othercontact: aboysrestaurant@aboysrestaurant.
Phone: 0917-3000400 and (034)-435-0760
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.aboysrestaurant.com/

• Updated Oct 25, 2010

More Restaurants in Bacolod City (1)

Comments

cyndymc Visits Here Frequently!

cyndymc

“Leave a positive mark wherever you go”

Have you been to Bacolod City?