""GOLDEN HORN" leather shop in Yerebatan street" Fake Goods Tip by nojo6266

Fake Goods, Istanbul: 7 reviews and 3 photos

We bought a leather jacket in this shop, unfortunately after dinner with wine nearby. The shop is situated on the first floor, very near the entrance of the Underground Cistern. The guy was clever, and I'm sure he got the prize that he wanted.

So far so good. Afterwards the guy insisted on walking with us back to our hotel, the Yerebatan Saray Hotel further up the street, carrying the goods for us. On the way he invited us to a drink in a café close to our hotel. The café was open to the street and looked like many other cafés in Istanbul. It showed up that the café owner was part of his family, and after the drink (which we didn't finish) we were presented a bill of 150 TL. At that moment I was fed up with the whole situation, and knowing that the guy still had the leather jacket in his possession I preferred to pay me out of it. We should leave Istanbul on the following morning, so it was difficult to have done more abut it.

But it was a scam, and I hope that I'm able to warn other tourists against this dishonest shop owner.

Address: Istanbul
othercontact: "GOLDEN HORN" leather shop in Ye

• Written Oct 19, 2010

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Istanbul?