Comfort Suites-Indianpolis south: "Football weekends" Top 5 Page for this destination Bloomington Hotel Tip by Dabs

Bloomington Hotels: 14 reviews and 1 photos

Hotels are very expensive, if you can find one, on football weekends in Bloomington so we decided to stay along 465 on the south end so that we could get up early and head into Bloomington before the football traffic. We still hit some as we got up a bit late but at least we didn't have to pay the overinflated prices in Bloomington.

The hotel was a little hard to find, it's in an industrial park and there are no signs or at least none I could see in the dark. If you bring along the hotel's directions or mapquest then you should be able to get to it. It is close to the airport and offers park and fly packages, there was another Comfort Inn a couple of exits north of this one so be sure to print out good directions.

We paid $69 for the one night by booking through their website, if you select the advance purchase rate it was even cheaper but I wanted to be able to cancel it.

Unique Qualities: The hotel looks to be new, everything is clean and very well maintained. We got a handicapped accessible room although we didn't need it, the room was enormous, 15-20 people could have easily slept in that room. I had hoped to get two separate sleeping areas for the three of us but we got two queen beds in the same room and a sleeper sofa. The partition mentioned on the website didn't separate anything from anything and even if the beds had been on either side of the partition it wouldn't have been large enough to give you privacy.

My major complaint is a temporary one, hopefully, we had almost no hot water in the shower, by the time the 3rd person got in there it was ice cold. And the water pressure was so low that it took forever to get the shampoo out of my hair. We mentioned it on the way out and the desk clerk said something to the effect that they knew about it and they were sorry.

Breakfast was complimentary which is always nice for families, there was eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt, tea, coffee, juice.

I'm giving the hotel a higher rating than my personal experience would indicate because the hot water problem seems to be temporary and the hotel actually seemed to be quite nice. It was not good for us because of the privacy issue, most families probably don't care if the beds are in the same room. The location is fine as long as you are using it for the airport (park and fly) or a place to stay when Bloomington is overbooked but it's not close to downtown Indianapolis.

Address: 2750 Fortune Circle West
Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: (317) 481-0700
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-indianapolis-indiana-IN293?sid=qKqPM.iGJFtgS$T.5

• Updated Oct 18, 2010

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Bloomington?