"the icing before the cake" Barichara Favorite Tip by richiecdisc

Barichara Favorites: 2 reviews and 2 photos

you looking at me? I'm looking at you
by richiecdisc

Fondest memory: We made our way to a park perched high on a hill on the northern end of town, noted for watching condors, all the while snapping pictures to our rear of the stunning town. The park was cute and indeed we saw a few condors circling as well as one interesting but elusive bird feeding in the park. Very happy with our morning thus far, we explored a hilltop church before readying ourselves to descend to the town's main square. But on exiting the church, I noticed a large bird in a nearby tree and on closer inspection, found one of the most colorful creatures I had ever seen outside the tropics. We did not know it at the time, but it was a blue-crowned Motmot. I quietly snuck up on him, taking photos every few steps, assuming he would flee once he noticed me coming. I got closer and closer and soon it became apparent he didn't fear me in the least and remained not only in proximity but seemingly posing for photos as I approached him, eying me as much as I was him. He eventually tired of my presumably boring behavior and took off but not before I had numerous great shots. I marched down the hill triumphantly but I still had work to do. I had captured the icing but the cake remained to be taken. Barichara's other considerable charms awaited.

• Updated Oct 18, 2010

More Favorites in Barichara (1)

Comments

richiecdisc

“fairy tales can come true...”

Have you been to Barichara?