"Hertz Rental Car Problems for Disabled" Rental Car/Car Tip by Amob

by Amob
      Oil on Hertz car
    by Amob
  • Hertz Rental Car Problems for Disabled - Las Vegas

Hertz rental car is not friendly to the mildly disabled. I have serious mobility problems with my shoulders, hands and wrist. I have a doctor's Rx for a steering wheel spinner to make driving safe and less painful. Although it was noted on my reservation when I arrived the spinner was not installed. I was told to drive the car into vegas and drive it back to the airport the next day. We enjoyed a ride down the strip. Great view for my passenger! Drove to Red Rock Canyon area for great views of dessert and rock formations. Unfortunately the spinner was not the only thing Hertz forgot to install! They left off the all important oil cap. Oil spewed out of the car grill, terrible fumes. We returned to the airport but again too late for a spinner. Again I was required to take a car without modification and asked to return it for installation. That's 2 round trips they expected me to take without any modification for my disability. I passed and took a cab. The next time you walk around a Hertz checking car for any damages be sure to pop the hood... just in case! If Hertz had been more helpful we would have visited Valley of the Fire and the art gallery district. Buses were often slow and/or full.

Type: Car/Motor Home

• Written Oct 9, 2010

“Carpe Diem”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Las Vegas?