"Karon to Patong & return" Tuk Tuk Tip by Josilver
Tuk Tuk, Phuket: 46 reviews and 41 photos
If you are staying in Karon and want to go to Patong by Tuk Tuk here are a few tips
1) During low season you can get to Patong for 300 Baht (250 if you haggle really hard)
2) They will charge more, the more people you have so the line "my friends got it for 250baht yesterday" wont work.
3) Have small change because they will claim not to have change for a 100baht note in the hope you will just give it to them.
4) Returning to Karon there is more competition so you might get a better deal
5) Dont tell them which hotel you are staying at, get them to drop on the street or at the traffic circle - they will charge you more if you are staying at a nice hotel. The best deal we managed to get was 200 baht for 2 people, Patong to Karon.
All the Tuk Tuk drivers were all quite reasonable, nobody was rude or drove off with out giving change, if you asked for to low a fare the just look sad and say no, no, no. Just be firm and walk away, if you dont get what you want, but remember you are only arguing over a dollar or two. In the time you are standing in the hot sun sweating you could be half way back to the hotel.
More Transportation in Phuket (1)
More Reviews (4)
Josilver's Related Pages
Have you been to Phuket?Share Your Travels