TONGADALE HOTEL RESTAURANT: "Outstanding dessert" Isle of Skye Restaurant Tip by rexvaughan

Isle of Skye Restaurants: 22 reviews and 35 photos

Wonderful sticky toffee pudding!
by rexvaughan

Wonderful sticky toffee pudding!
  • Outstanding dessert - Isle of Skye
      Dining room and bar
    by rexvaughan

This restaurant is tucked back in the rear of the hotel but a nice enough room with an attractive wooden bar. What struck us immediately was the background music. It was soft enough to add to the ambience but I realized what was playing was the old Cajun classic, “Jambalaya.” If that was not odd enough, it was being played on what sounded like an Andean band. We had a chuckle and ordered: my wife a steak pie with veggies and potatoes and my a gammon steak with pineapple, chips and veggies. Hers was quite good and mine was okay but the ham was a little dry and a little short on flavor. However, the dessert, a sticky toffee sponge with custard was outstanding. Would I go back? Yes, but would order a different main course. Dessert? Sticky toffee sponge with custard which is why I would go back. Overall I thought the cost reasonable. We both had an Australian shiraz and I had coffee with dessert and the total bill was £29.30.

Address: Wentworth Street
Comparison: about average
Phone: 01478412115
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Oct 5, 2010

More Restaurants in Isle of Skye (1)

Comments

rexvaughan

“Travel is fatal to prejudice - Mark Twain”

Have you been to Isle of Skye?