"I'm so glad that I went to..." Travel Information Tip by BeaniesChic

Travel Information, Belize: 20 reviews and 4 photos

Favorite thing: I'm so glad that I went to Belize through an organized trip and not just visited there by myself. I saw the two contrasting elements of Belize, the tropical rainforest (Blue Creek) and the paradise island (South Water Caye). I suggest EVERYONE who visits Belize to split their time equally among the two. I know many are tempted to just forego roughing it out in the rainforest and head straight to the islands, with this decision you miss out on so much of what Belize is about. I don't mean to sound like an extreme nature lover, but spending a week in the rainforest made me appreciate the Earth so much more that I would have ever realized.

Fondest memory: I have SO many fond memories of Belize. I guess, my favorite, and in some sense LEAST favorite memory, was when I had to climb up a 3500 feet mountain for one of our rainforest activities. I was extremely out of shape at the time and there were certain times through the climb when I felt like just letting go and rolling down the mountain (not a smart idea, when you realize that you're a couple of thousand feet up..but I was so tired, I didn't care). But it was all worth it when I finally reached the top. The view was magnificent. It seemed like I saw all of Belize and I know that I saw the Carribean Sea.

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

BeaniesChic's Related Pages

BeaniesChic