Hundred Monkeys: "Delicious - but low on monkeys!" Top 5 Page for this destination Glastonbury Restaurant Tip by themajor

Glastonbury Restaurants: 13 reviews and 19 photos

Monkey puzzle - Where are they?
by themajor

Monkey puzzle - Where are they?
      The memsahib tucks in!
    by themajor

As a foodie of some years standing...well, some years sitting down with a knife and fork to be honest - I have been in many 'worthy' restaurants. In days gone by it meant eateries that were ethically pure but usually culinary death. An array of dishes where a strong pair of gnashers for industrial chewing was the order of the day. Over the years all this has changed and fresh tasty food is the order of the day.

Hundred Monkeys promises much in the way of monkeys and although in fails to deliver in the primate stakes - 'er, no they don't serve primate steaks! - they do serve rather lovely food. It does have the feel of a New Age eatery and indeed it caters for vegans, vegetarians and coeliacs - my wife, a coeliac herself was delighted - but meat eaters and fish filleters are not forgotten. A rather good bistro style menu is on offer together with a rather delightful array of desserts and some truly splendid cakes. Decent milk shakes too if you feel particularly childish. I did.

Favorite Dish: Strange to say that although I am not especially fond of the humble carrot - unless stroked naked and raw into a cheesy creamy dip of loveliness or drowned in meaty gravy - I am inordinately fond of carrot cake and I'm told they do a jolly good one! In fact the person who told me was the strange woman sitting opposite. My dear wife. I think I downed an orange and lemon cake and my wife's gluten free concoction was equally delicious. I'm not sure which of the 100 monkeys made it but they're well obviously evolving fast ...

Address: High Street, Glastonbury
Comparison: about average
Directions: Impossible to miss. On your left as you walk up the hill from the monument and meander through the haze of joss sticks.
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Sep 27, 2010

More Restaurants in Glastonbury (1)

Comments

themajor Visits Here Frequently!

themajor

“The Eccentric Englishman Preservation Society”

Have you been to Glastonbury?