Aaranmore Lodge: "Comfortable B&B" Top 5 Page for this destination Antrim Hotel Tip by Dabs

Antrim Hotels: 6 reviews and 15 photos

Aaranmore Lodge
by Dabs

I picked Portrush to stay in because it would either be on the way to our next destination in Donegal or if the weather wasn't cooperating that we'd be able to go back and see what we missed along the Antrim Coast. This was the only B&B that we stayed in on this trip, I *love* the idea of B&Bs but don't like the worry of having to get somewhere by a particular time in order to check in so I tend to book hotels instead. It turned out to be a good choice of location as the weather was miserable when we arrived at the Giant's Causeway on the 1st day. It's not too far from the Giant's Causeway, Dunluce Castle or the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.

This was the most expensive room we had on this trip although not a totally fair comparison as this was the only one that included breakfast, Portrush has a very short season so I imagine the rates reflect that as we were still sort of in season. July-August is Portrush's high season but September still sees a fair number of visitors and our B&B had most of it's rooms filled. We paid £70 for the 1 night on booking.com, the rate included breakfast and was cancellable up to 2 days prior to arrival. There is free parking in the front of the B&B, town is close enough to walk to.

Unique Qualities: The room was very comfortable and clean, it wasn't lavishly decorated like some B&Bs but that certainly didn't bother me. We had room 2 and it was quiet at night. There was a TV in the room and free internet access on a computer in the hallway. The owner even offered for us to call back home as she said they had free calls.

The bathroom was fine with a shower, plenty of hot water and little packets of shampoo and soap, there was a hair dryer in the room.

The breakfast was quite nice, I had a full Irish breakfast with eggs, bacon, Irish soda bread, toast, tea and juice. They also had cereal out and I'm sure would have offered anything in their kitchen.

What really sets this place apart though was the congeniality of the hosts, from the free internet to the offer of free calls and to drive us to town to find dinner, you can tell they were most eager to have their guests have a pleasant stay.

Address: 14 Coleraine Road, Portrush, County Antrim
Comparison: about average
Directions: From the Giant's Causeway we took A2 and then followed the signs for A29 once in Portrush
Phone: 44 (0) 28 7082 4640
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
Website: http://www.aaranmorelodge.com/

• Updated Sep 26, 2010

More Hotels in Antrim (1)

Comments

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Antrim?