"Hotel Shree Maya" Top 5 Page for this destination Aurangabad Hotel Tip by MalenaN

Aurangabad Hotels: 24 reviews and 30 photos

Breakfast

Breakfast
      My room at Hotel Shree Maya
  • Hotel Shree Maya - Aurangabad
  • Hotel Shree Maya - Aurangabad
      The outdoor terrace
    by MalenaN

I chose Hotel Shree Maya because it was not too far too walk there from the train station, and my guidebook mentioned an outdoor terrace.

I had not booked in advance but as I arrived I got a room for Rs 495 per night (June 2010). In the room there were two beds, a fan, a cupboard, a TV, a long shelf to put things on and a bathroom. Towels and toilet paper were available, but not soap. And there was no bedside lamp.

My room was next to the outdoor terrace where it was nice to sit in the late afternoon and evening. During the day it was too hot as the thin plastic roof was not enough protection from the heat of the sun. I think breakfast is served here during high season, but when I visited in June breakfast was served in the restaurant downstairs. There there are low tables and sofas and is also a nice place where to sit and relax and chat with other travellers.

The breakfast with egg, toast, butter, jam, banana, coffee or tea was Rs 90 and absolutely okay before a day of sight seeing. I also had meals at the hotel several times, but the food could absolutely have been better. Here are the prices for a few things I bought:
Paneer Tika Masala Rs 65
Chapati Rs 5
Soft drinks Rs 15
Pot of coffee Rs 30

Address: Bharuka Complex
Directions: Just a few hundred metres north of the Railway Station, on a quiet road.
othercontact: shrimaya_agd@dataone.in
Phone: 2333093
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

• Written Sep 18, 2010

Comments

Have you been to Aurangabad?