"From Aurangabad to Ajanta and back" Top 5 Page for this destination Ajanta Transportation Tip by MalenaN

Ajanta Transportation: 6 reviews and 3 photos

Waiting by the road for the bus
by MalenaN

In the morning, after breakfast, I took an auto rickshaw from Hotel Shree Maya to the bus stand. It was 20 rupees (June 2010). At the bus stand I bought a bottle of water and then went to the bus. It was leaving 9.40 and I didn?t have to wait very long. In the bus I got a seat in the back of the bus, where it was very bumpy and dusty. The fare was Rs 76 and it took 2h 5minutes to T-junction, the stop for Ajanta.

From the bus stop there is still 4 km to the Ajanta Caves, but when you have passed a parking lot and lots of souvenir shops there is another bus waiting. There was a bus with A/C, but most people seemed to take the cheaper, non A/C bus, which was Rs 7.

Going back to Aurangabad I walked up to the main road to wait for a bus. An auto rickshaw driver told me the bus wouldn?t stop there, but he could take me to the bus stop 2 km away. I didn?t believe him of course and waited were I was by the road, and soon some other people arrived as well. It took about 20 minutes before a bus came. The bus ride back to Aurangabad took as long as 2h 45 minutes and it was Rs 80. When we arrived in Aurangabad it was dark, but I had thought it was going to be easy to find an auto rickshaw by the bus stand. The bus stopped on the opposite side of the main road, with a long railing in the middle of the road. I couldn?t cross to the bus stand, but it looked dark anyway. Well, I tried to find an empty rickshaw, but the first ones I asked didn?t want to take me to the hotel. After walking for quite a while I finally fond one who took me to the hotel for Rs 30.

Mode: TO