Cream and Crepe Cafe: "Nice Place Right Along the River" Cedarburg Restaurant Tip by riorich55

Cedarburg Restaurants: 2 reviews and 6 photos

View From Our Table

View From Our Table
      Ham and Cheese Crepe with Asparagus
      Ruben Crepe with Pickle and Tomato
      Double Chocolate Mousse Crepe
      Entrance Way Sign
    by riorich55

Housed in an older building right next to the River along with a number of other shops, the Cream and Crepe Cafe was our choice for lunch this Sunday afternoon.

We were seated promptly near the back stairs overlooking the river. The tables were made of solid wood as were the old wooden chairs. In fact, everything around us was wood, the floors, the walls, so if I spotted some smoke we were not going to stick around to see what happened.

The restaurant obviously catered to the tourist trade, but if the food is good, the surroundings are nice, it is local and the price is right, then I'm a happy camper.

Favorite Dish: For lunch we decided on the following:

Sue had some home brewed orange spice pekoe ice tea which went down really nice on this hot summer day. For her main course she had the ruben crepe.

I decided on some Cherry Cider for my drink and even though it was hot wanted to try the ham and split pea soup that I had seen at another table. For my main course I ordered a combination ham and swiss cheese crepe with asparagus and topped with Wisconsin Swiss cheese sauce. Both our meals were very reasonably priced and filled the bill for our lunch.

We fortunately had some room left over for some dessert which we split. A double chocolate mousse crepe which was decadent.

Hours:

Monday 10 to 5
Tuesday to Saturday 10 to 8
Sunday 11 to 5

Address: Corner of Washington and Bridge
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: In the Cedar Creek Settlement Building at the north edge of town.
Phone: 262 377 0900
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local
Website: http://www.cedarcreeksettlement.com/cream.html

• Updated Sep 4, 2010

Comments

riorich55

“"There is no better high then discovery"”

Have you been to Cedarburg?