"To/from York by plane (via Leeds/Bradford)" York Transportation Tip by Airpunk

York Transportation: 96 reviews and 105 photos

Leeds/Bradford Airport
by Airpunk

My name says it, air travel is an essential part of my life. So even if travelling by plane to York is not the most convenient way, its is my first choice - and it is probably among the cheapest. For people coming from outside the UK, it is perhaps even the only way. As York has no air field with scheduled services, the closest airports are Manchester and Leeds/Bradford. Leeds/Bradford is geographically closer than Manchester. As there is no direct coach service (the excellent 787 service between Leeds/Bradford Airport and York has been suspended) between York and Leeds/Bradford anymore, travel times between York and any of the airports are the same. However, as Leeds/Bradford has more low-cost routes, I still prefer the latter one to go to York.

Leeds/Bradford has good low-cost ervice throughout Europe with Jet2 and Ryanair offering affordable fares. In addition, a couple of other airlines including FlyBe, KLM and BMI serve this airport. To get to York, there are two possibilities. Take either the 757 service to Leeds or the 767 to Harrogate and then travel on by train. Although the Harrogate route is the cheaper one, I would recommedn the onme via Leeds. From Leeds, it is easier to catch a train to York. Harrogate services run only once an our from/to York, even less on weekends.

Mode: TO
Type: Airplane

• Updated Sep 3, 2010

More Transportation in York (1)

Comments

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Have you been to York?