"Going To Coney Island" Coney Island Tip by MINOSUKE

Coney Island Beach
      Nathan's Hotdog
      Pier Sticking out into the Sea
    by MINOSUKE
      Ferris Wheel that is not used
  • Going To Coney Island - New York City

When I was young, I listened to Lou Reed's 'Coney Island Baby' many times. Since then, I have had a hope to visit there some day. So this time, during my first visit to New York, I took subway, which brought me there in about 1 hour from Central Manhattan.
When the subway came near Coney Island Station, I could see the Ferris wheel and the jet coaster of an amusement park that had been closed years before.
I got off at the last stop and walked straight toward the beach.
The first landmark was the sign of famous hotdog 'Nathan's'. But the first shop I found did not seem to be open. Just in front of the beach there was another Nathan's, where some people were buying coca cola and hotdog.

Coney Island will be a place for New Yorkers to enjoy swimming and sunbathing in summer. There is a beautiful white beach. Sea gulls. A pier jutting out into the sea to take a walk on.
An aquarium. I hear the amusement park are being renewed and will be open soon.

If you are tired from walking too much in the city of NY or from seeing too many great works at Metropolitan Museum, I recommend you to have a visit to Coney Island and rest yourself for a while.

Directions: By Subway: the last stop on the W, F or Q trains.

• Updated Aug 30, 2010