"The Ghost Trail" Ghost Tours Tip by Airpunk

Our guide in front of the Minster

Our guide in front of the Minster
      Our group goind through The Shambles
    by Airpunk

The Ghost Trail was the first ghost story walk I participated in. It was led by a younger guy, dressed as a victorian undertaker. He seemed to be pretty new in the business, but still very good. When he was telling a ghost story about a bishop in front of a side entrance of the Minster, our actor was irritated by someone from the church listening to the story right at the entrance. The story focuses on humour, and although the atmosphere gets scary sometimes, the tour focuses on humour rather than the ghost stories. There are also some sexual jokes, clearly suitable for most adults and older kids, but parents of younger kids may feel unwell. However, kids are welcome and are invited to come to the front row and take part in the one or other more suitable, scary joke. If the focus on jokes and the kind of humour does not disturb you, this is a walk I would like to recommend. If you go here with wrong expectations, you may be disappointed. The meeting point is at 7:30 p.m. at the main entrance of the Minster.
However, here?s the biggest warning: The Ghost Trail and the Ghost Hunt are in some kind of clinch. They use pretty much the same script! I have written to both of them and each one states that theirs is the original one. I have no clear preference for any of it ? as I said, they are almost identical. Chose only one of those two!

Directions: 07:30 p.m. in front of the minster, no pre-booking required
Website: http://www.ghosttrail.co.uk/

• Written Aug 30, 2010

Comments

Airpunk

“When I have money, I spend it for travelling. If I still have some, I spend it for food and clothing...”

Have you been to York?