"Horrible Experience" Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee Tip by jude479

Ambassador Hotel Milwaukee, Milwaukee: 1,230 reviews and 1 photos

I must admit I was expecting a lot- I had rented the King Whirlpool Suit for my husband as a birthday surprise. However, not only was I let down, I was downright disgusted. First the front service desk is quite possibly one of the rudest group of individuals I have come across in Milwaukee. When I visit Milwaukee I often comment on how nice the people are - well that is because all the hostel folks work for this hotel. The young man at the desk told us to wait aggressively while he 'yelled' at another hotel guest over the phone to move their car. He then threw the keys at us and didn't even tell us our room number let alone welcome and have a nice day.

We get to our room - one of the priciest rooms in the hotel. Not only is the room underwhelming, but it was DIRTY! We had BLOOD stains on our sheets and black marks all over the comforter. HOW DO YOU MISS BLOOD STAINS ON SHEETS! The best part is that when I called downstairs she didn't seem surprised by my findings, she didn't apologize, and she said she'd send someone up. 45 minutes later someone came. She changed our sheets with the door wide open as we sat on the couch as if punished. The housekeeper was muttering to herself the entire time- and at no point did anyone seem disgusted by what they saw- which is what disturbed me the most.

We paid $273 for this room.

NEVER AGAIN. Go to County Clare. The room looks roughly the same (it also has a whirlpool) the rate is $145 and they are very hospitable and most importantly CLEAN!

Address: 2308 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 53233, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: +1 414-345-5000
Price: US$180 and up
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://ambassadormilwaukee.com

• Written Aug 30, 2010

More Hotels in Milwaukee (1)

“Be Kind, Be Smart, Go Cheap!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Milwaukee?