"SUCH A WASTE!!!" Hyatt Regency Chicago Tip by savvytrav123

Hyatt Regency Chicago, Chicago: 5,574 reviews and 38 photos

Truly horrible experience. The lobby is impressive and the first front desk attendant was great, however everything after this point was awful. Our room itself was missing electrical plate covers and had chipped floors and counters with goopy glue messes where they had tried to attach pieces, not to mention stains on the duvet and very minimal lighting (2 bedside ights and one corner lamp). Hotel bar was typically closed even though it was advertised as being open every afternoon and night. The only time we saw it open was on a Saturday night when it closed at 1am despite being packed. (bar time is 4) Perhaps the most aggrivating problem we experienced was when the hotel mistakenly locked us out of our room for "credit reasons". They initially made us new keys which did not work and then accused me of having an unauthorized credit card. They finally realized their mistake, but instead of being apologetic for their error they made us wait for a half an hour outside our room before someone showed up to reset the lock so we could get inside. After all of this I also had the cleaning ladies walk in on me in the shower. The worst hotel experience I've had. I would have preferred a budget motel off the interstate!

Address: 151 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, Illinois, 60601, United States
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Good area, very safe at night (for Chicago) and in walking distance of almost everything.
Phone: +1 312-565-1234
Price: US$120-180
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://

• Updated Aug 25, 2010

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Have you been to Chicago?