"BASINAS' Restaurant: "Boasting for No Reason! Expensive!" Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Evia Restaurant Tip by greekcypriot

Prefecture of Evia Restaurants: 34 reviews and 118 photos

Hanging Octopus!
by greekcypriot

This restaurant is situated by the port area. What attracted me here was the big octopus hanging outside the restaurant so I went to get a photo. The owner welcomed me inside to see the interior decoration and told me about the fresh sea food the restaurant is boasting about.
I was dreaming of "pikilia" and some ouzo but when we came here in the evening we found that it cost 20 euros, but if your partner does not want to eat fish and prefers something else you have no altrernative but take the medium pikilia thus ending with not less than 45 euros at least for the two persons.
I had a look on the price list and the larger dish of pikilia was 30 euros, and the "Lobster Pasta" ....a kilo was 80 euros!!
We did not want to pay that much, so I bought a dish of kalamari, and a hamburger, plus one beer. We paid 22 euros but we were angry with the quality of both dishes.

The kalamari was like a rubber sole and I was not able to eat it. I packed it for my cat.
The hamburger was not the best as the owner was boasting. We were totally unsatisfied, and thought we were really unlucky, having picked the wrong restaurant.

The rest of the restaurants were full, while only a few tables were reserved here.
We could not see this when we came because we arrived quite early.

Meat dishes were less expensive, but if you want to eat meat and kebab go to the restaurant next to this one which is much cheaper.

Price Comparison: most expensive
Phone: 22220 24240
Price: US$21-30
Rating: 1
Theme: Seafood
Website: http://www.basinasevia.com/index.html

• Updated Aug 25, 2010

Comments

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Prefecture of Evia?