"Bilger Eck" Top 5 Page for this destination Hotel Bilger Eck Tip by german_eagle

Hotel Bilger Eck, Konstanz: 7 reviews and 5 photos

Hotel Bilger Eck

Hotel Bilger Eck
      My room
      bathroom
      hallway
      stairway
    by german_eagle

I chose this hotel because I hardly had any other choice - my trip to Konstanz was a sort of last minute decision and most other hotels were already booked. It is the worst hotel I have stayed at on a business trip so far.

The location is close to the old town which is a big plus - only a 5 - 10 minutes walk over the pedestrian/cycling bridge. Bus No. 6 stops nearby, runs every 10 minutes during the day, but thins out in the evenings.

My room on the 4th floor (no elevator) was tiny. It was classified a "double" room but it was even small for a single room. I do not want to imagine two people having two cram into that room. Due to the location right on a main road the noise was almost unbearable. It died down somewhat at night, but it is definitely not recommended for lights sleepers like me. When I made the booking through www.booking.de I filled in the special request form, saying I would like to have a quiet room. I didn't get a response, of course got a room facing the road, and the issue was not even mentioned at check in. Apropos check-in: There is no such thing like a reception desk. You ring a bell at the side door, are buzzed in and get the key from someone who happens to be on duty. I was not even asked to fill in the form for local tax to get the receipt for free use of local buses.

The room was clean, cable TV had a lot of (also international) channels and a decent size flat screen. Bathroom was ok (shower only). A/C was noisy, thank God I didn't need it. The window was very small. Nice thing was the coffee/tea making facility. Safe didn't work and although I pointed it out to the staff they didn't get it to work during my whole 4 nights stay.

Breakfast buffet was quite good - if you arrived early. They didn't refill most items (bread e.g.). The machine to boil eggs didn't work properly and I observed a mess at the next table. The highlight of the breakfast buffet was the yummy black forest cake - but again, they had 4 pieces or so each morning, and if you were late they were gone.

Address: Reichenaustrasse 2, Konstanz, Baden-Wurttemberg, 78467, Germany
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.bilgereck.de

• Updated Aug 25, 2010

Comments

Have you been to Konstanz?